Mechanical Design Engineer - Power Generation
£35k - £45k + Benefits + Bonus
We are recruiting for a Mechanical Design Engineer to join an established company in the Power Generation industry based in Southampton. You will be a key member of the engineering team, supporting the development of new and present projects and products from a mechanical perspective. This is an exceptional opportunity to work for a highly-desired employer with a company benefits package and a chance to develop an exhilarating satisfying career.
As a Mechanical Design Engineer, your duties will include but may not be limited to:
- Supporting the Mechanical Design of high speed Turbo-Generators and power electronics
- Delivering and leading assigned system or sub-system level projects from draft sketches and instructions to detailed designs which meet the correct requirements.
- Hands on activities for component measurement, tests, new builds and troubleshooting, whilst incorporating the design for production and assembly in all designs.
- Assisting in the re-design of existing company products to reduce costs and improve overall performance whilst adhering the company's quality processes.
Requirements and Qualifications
To be considered for the Mechanical Design Engineer vacancy, candidates should have:
- BEng / MEng in Mechanical Engineering or similar discipline e.g. Automotive, Aerospace or Power Engineering
- Minimum 2 years of Mechanical Engineering Design experience in a relevant industry
- Excellent mechanical design skills and good knowledge of design programmes such as Auto CAD or Solid Works
- Ideally, an understanding of high speed rotating machinery and interrogation such as; turbomachinery, power electronics and generators.
Our client offers a great deal of benefits if you were selected to be the new Mechanical Design Engineer.
- Competitive Salary Of £35k - £45k
- Excellent Holiday Entitlement of 27 Days + Bank Holidays
- 5% Pension Scheme
- 37 Hour Week + Half Day on Fridays
If you are interested in the Mechanical Design Engineer position, please see the contact details below should you want to know more information and ask for Olivia Naylor.
T: 02392 288 208
Astute Technical is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.