Engine Maintenance Technician - Cogeneration
Salary - £30,000-£35,000 Doe + Vehicle & Benefits
Location - North Manchester - Field based role
ASTUTE Technical are currently looking to speak to experienced Field Service Technicians/Engine Maintenance Technicians with a mechanical bias. You will be working for a leading organisation in cogeneration technology in over 18 countries. Our client is looking for a Technician to work on various natural gas engines in two locations. You will be ideally located in the North of Manchester to travel to the plants in Sheffield and primarily Liverpool.
- Carry out planned and reactive mechanical maintenance on CHP units and natural gas engines (Jenbacher, Cummins, Perkins, Caterpillar, Deutz etc.)
- Electrical fault finding (a basic electrical knowledge is advantageous)
- Follow health and safety regulations
- General diagnostic and fault finding on the 3MW gas engines
You will need:
- A background in a relevant engineering field such as landfill gas, anaerobic digestion/biogas, offshore, oil & gas, marine engineering etc.
- A full driving licence to ensure timely travel to sites
- Flexibility to travel to sites, be part of an on call rota, carry out overtime when needed and travel to Italy for final interview and training (2 months non consecutive)
- Have basic electrical/electro experience (PLC's etc.)
- A strong engine maintenance skill set and a relevant engineering qualification (HNC/HND/C&G/NVQ L3 etc.)
This position comes with a salary between £30,000 and £35,000 depending on experience plus company benefits such as pension scheme, performance bonus, company vehicle & phone, expenses etc.
If you are interested in developing your career in the renewable energy/cogeneration sector, please send an up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or speak to Becki for more information - 023 92 222 963.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK.