Mechanical Engineer - New Energy from Waste Power Station
£55,000 - £58,000 + bonus + benefits
We are currently recruiting for a Mechanical Engineer to join the maintenance department of a new build Energy from Waste Power Station in South London. The Mechanical Engineer will play an integral part in ensuring the plants mechanical systems are maintained and in working order to ensure maximum availability.
Using state of the art technology, this plant will combust municipal waste at rate of 275,000 tonnes per year and produce in excess of 22 MW to export to the grid, enough to power over 30,000 homes.
What will I be doing?
Reporting to the Engineering & Maintenance Manager typical duties will include:
- Leading and managing a team of mechanical technicians to ensure the plant is maintained to the highest standard to ensure maximum plant availability
- Scheduling, planning and optimising all mechanical maintenance activities in a safe and efficient manner
- Supervising and directing contractors.
- Working closely with the operations department to assess and review plant performance shortfalls and how these can be rectified
- Assisting in the setting up and development of the sites Computerized Maintenance Management System
- Ensuring that all activities are carried out in a safe manner and in line with company Health, Safety and Environmental policies.
What experience does role require?
In order to be considered for this fantastic opportunity, it's important you meet certain criteria including.
- A recognised engineering qualification at HNC level in a mechanical engineering discipline
- Significant knowledge of mechanical process plant maintenance gained in a heavy engineering environment such as Power Generation, Petrochemical, Refinery, Utilities plant etc.
- Experience in leading a team of technicians in daily maintenance practices and procedures
- An IOSH or NEBOSH qualification
- Involvement in plant mobilisation and commissioning is desirable but not essential.
What's in it for me?
Successful candidates will receive:
- A basic salary up to £58,000
- A performance related bonus
- A company pension
- A chance to join one of the UK's newest Energy from Waste facilities.
How do I apply?
To apply for this exciting opportunity simply send a copy of your up to date CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively you can call 02392 288 215 and ask to speak with Steve Utton.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK.