Mobile plant operator, biomass power station, Killin, Stirlingshire, Scotland, UK. Salary to £25,000 - £28,000 + benefits.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the team operating a brand new (CHP) biomass power station that will provide clean energy 24/7 to the national grid for the next 25 years.
The BERL Acharn biomass power station is a purpose built facility designed and built to the highest standards and uses highly advanced, proven technology to generate heat and power from locally sourced sustainable fuel (wood). It's currently preparing for imminent commissioning and connection to the national grid.
The site nestles in the beautiful hillside around Killin in the Loch Lomond & The Trossachs National Park and offers a clean and safe environment to all operational staff and visitors to the site
We are immediately hiring mobile plant operators to work on a shift pattern.
Your responsibility will be to operate the heavy plant, carry out specific routine mobile plant maintenance, and work with specific items of fixed plant. This is a hands-on role with the opportunity to develop your skills into other areas of the business.
The shift pattern will be either; (i) a day and night shift working pattern over a staggered week rota or, (ii) a staggered week rota, on day hours.
Applicants should consider the likelihood of this being either type of role at this stage and that enhanced payment will be made for shift working over and above the staggered day enhancement.
- Operating heavy mobile plant; Front Loader, 360 Log grab, tractor.
- Operate and maintain some fixed plant e.g. the wood chipper.
- Operate the ash removal process.
- Operate light plant vehicles.
- Mobile and fixed plant routine inspections, maintenance and oil changes.
- To identify plant problems early and report these to your supervisor.
- To clean and maintain the plant as part of a team.
- To comply with the site health and safety and the safe working procedures
- To work as a member of a small team, provide flexible cover for short term sickness and unplanned absence.
- Experience operating heavy mobile plant; Front loading heavy shovel, tractor, Liebherr wheeled mobile log stacker. Associated certification will be needed but additional training will be provided where required.
- Clean driving licence essential.
- An ability to work on own initiative as well as part of a small team.
- Fluent English language skills.
- Able to work in the UK without sponsorship.
- Willing to undertake some professional training
In addition the following would be desirable.
- An understanding of process plant systems.
- Experience gained working in a process environment.
- Computer literate.
- Craft skills Mechanical, or Electrical would be an advantage.
The role offers scope for personal development, a competitive basic salary and shift allowance up to a total £25,000 - £28,000 per annum. The company operates a pension scheme and 33 days' holiday inclusive of public holidays.