Overall purpose of the role
The Multi Skilled Electrical/Mechanical Technician is responsible for delivering the sites preventative and condition based maintenance activities which contribute to the life cycle integrity of the plant. Ensures high operational availability on all elements of the Sinfin plant which include a materials recycling facility, a waste-fired high-pressure boiler, steam turbine generator and auxiliary plant. Champions a continuous improvement philosophy in line with Company and local initiatives. Demonstrates a team approach to excellence with operational colleagues such that Sinfin can function as an integrated whole, and run at maximum levels of safety, availability and efficiency, particularly with regards to power output.
- Ensures that the plant is always maintained within prescribed Health, Safety and Environmental constraints and guidelines.
- Reports and communicates incidents as per the incident reporting systems.
- Attends team safety meetings and lead meetings where necessary.
- Supports site emergency response team.
- Ensures all requirements of the station's Safe Work Processes are satisfied.
- Ensures that a work order, risk assessment and method statements are produced for each activity and that all documents are completed and returned for archiving.
- Ensures that all statutory and regulatory obligations are met in the ongoing operation and maintenance of the site.
- Keep abreast of changes to safety and environmental legislation and all relevant Company policies.
- Establish, follow and maintain Risk Assessments and other key safety protocols.
- Comply with and actively participate in Company rules, procedures, initiatives, in particular those relating to Health, Safety, environmental management, quality systems and continuous improvement.
- Specific ACT and other equipment provider training (to be provided/supplemented)
- HNC level or above in a relevant Engineering subject - Mechanical or Electrical
- Technically competent with steam raising plant and power generation equipment
- Minimum of 5 years practical experience in a maintaining role in a power generation, EfW, petrochemical or process systems setting
- Experience with computerised maintenance management systems and contractor management
- IOSH Managing Safely or similar safety qualification
- Mobile plant / IPAF MEWP license
There is an excellent hourly rate and benefits package for the right candidate. For further information please feel free to contact Roxanne Wharton on email@example.com
Astute Technical is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.