Operations & Maintenance Assistant x 2 - Energy from Waste
£26,500 + benefits
We are currently recruiting 2 Operations & Maintenance Assistants to join an Energy from Waste power station just South East of Birmingham. The Operations & Maintenance Assistant will be responsible for overseeing the delivery of waste for the site as well as operating a variety of yellow plant to ensure a consistent delivery of waste on site.
As the O&M Assistant, you will be reporting to the Operations Manager. Your duties will include but may not be limited to:
- Operating yellow plant including fork lift trucks, 360 excavator and front loading shovels
- Operation of the refuse and ash cranes
- Ensuring a constant availability of waste to be processed
- Managing the deliveries of waste to the site
- Quality acceptance checks of waste on arrival
- Assist with first line maintenance activities when required
- Assist in the delivery of chemicals and loading of ash when necessary
Knowledge, Skills and Experience...
- Experience in operating a variety of mobile plant in an industry such as waste management, energy from waste, biomass or aggregate
- Current fork lift and counter balance driving qualification or equivalent is desirable
- A flexible approach to working hours and ability to work shifts when necessary
- The ability to work in a changing, fast paced environment
Package and Benefits...
We are offering a competitive salary and benefits package for this role as follows:
- A salary of £26,500
- Company pension
- Opportunity to work for a highly-desired employer within the Power Industry
How do I apply...
To apply for a position please send a copy of your CV along with a brief cover letter stating details of your current salary and package to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 02392 288 208 to speak to Olivia Naylor who can tell you more.
Astute Technical is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.