O&M Country Leader - UK
We're working with one of worlds the leading global energy organisations. Currently we are looking for and experienced Manager head up their UK Operations and Maintenance (O&M) team, which builds up decentralised energy sites across the UK.
You'll be leading a team of 10 - 20 O&M staff across the UK and manage their portfolio of commercial heat and power installations and Solar Photovoltaic plants, as well as biomass, CHP, GHP, gas boiler and steam boiler sites.
Crucially you will be acting as a single point of contact for O&M UK, managing your teams' relationship with Global O&M and a range of UK business units. You'll also act as your teams' main link to other O&M departments across Europe.
Finally, you'll have an important regulatory role to play as well. It will be your responsibility to ensure quality and HSSE standards are maintained at all time across the UK operation. You'll also have responsibility for managing risks for O&M UK's contract which can last from 3 to 25 years.
This is a brilliant opportunity for a talented, motivated manager to not only join one of the world's leading energy suppliers, but also play a high-profile role in one of their most exciting and fastest growing business units.
- Degree in industrial engineering, electrical engineering or related - or equivalent experience
- Extensive experience of Energy related industries such as Global Environment, CHP, Steam, Biomass Gas Engines and/or Gas Turbines.
- Profound knowledge of Management in Service related environment
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills, with the ability to build credible relationships
- Highly developed skill & expertise in customer interaction, negotiation & pro-active issue resolution
- Demonstrated execution, delivering on commitments, proven track record of overcoming obstacles
- Demonstrated ability to motivate, energize & manage remote teams
- Strong experiences in contract negotiations for operation
- Clear, market focus thinker with ability to execute on priorities and effectively control milestones (project mode)
- Ability to establish priorities & initiate problem solving techniques
- Proactive, self-disciplined and highly motivated with well-organized work style
- Clear Thinker / proven execution skills
This is a key role within the organisation and salary is between £65,360 - £73,185 + car (or £6k car allowance, your choice), health insurance and one of the industry's best pension schemes.