Operations & Maintenance Manager- New Build Energy from Waste
£50,000 + Car Allowance + Benefits
Our client is in the process of constructing a Gasification Biomass Plant in the Cheshire area and require an Operations & Maintenance Manager to assist with the day to day running of the plant. This is the third plant within their portfolio with a number more lined up in the future.
Reporting to the Plant Manager your role will encompass the site maintenance function, planning and optimising works to ensure plant availability and performance within agreed budgets. Promote a cooperative and proactive culture within the Operations and Maintenance team to ensure consistently high delivery.
Role & Responsibilities
Your daily duties for this role will include:
- Managing all operational aspects of the facility and processes on site, including the methods and organisation of work, including recruitment, induction, appraisal and training of Operations & Maintenance Staff in accordance company procedures
- Ensure that the plant operates within the requirements of the Environmental Permit and all other Environmental Legislation
Liaise with the project and operations staff to ensure that the maintenance effort is responsive to the overall needs of the business
- Oversee development of Stores Systems, Management Systems, H&S procedures and the CMM system to improve the organisation of all aspects of the maintenance function
- Organisation and management of the maintenance function including in house maintenance team, plus contract staff, to achieve an efficient maintenance function, while adhering to all relevant legislation and site procedures
- Ensure compliance with the company's Health and Safety, Quality and Environmental Management Systems, Policies and Procedures, ensuring that systems are in place to maintain safe systems of work for company and contractors staff
- Prepare an annual budget for the Operations Department for review and subsequently work within the approved budget
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for a Candidate with the following Essential skills:
- HND/ HNC in a relevant Engineering discipline
- H&S qualification to IOSH Managing Safely level
- Strong process engineering background, preferably in the power industry including steam raising plant
- Robust appreciation of Health, Safety and Environmental procedures
- Experience preparing detailed plans, reports and programs
- Experience in managing contractors and consultants
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to prioritise and delegate effectively
The ideal candidate will be educated to a Degree level in a relevant Engineering discipline, hold a NEBOSH certificate and have proven working experience in a management capacity on an Energy from Waste Power Station and worked on Steam Raising Plant, Pressure Systems and to current CDM Regulations.
Salary & Benefits
What's on offer for this exciting role:
- Competitive Salary circa £50,000
- Bonus Scheme
- Car Allowance
- Company Benefits including Pension
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK.