JOB TITLE Operations Manager
SALARY Competitive salary plus car / car allowance, pension & bonus
Our client is an international leader in waste reclamation and recycling solutions managing more than two million tons of waste annually. With their efforts focusing on Reducing, Recycling & Recovering the waste they manage they are currently able to recycle 60% of that waste.
They require an Operations Manager with experience of managing a packaging/distribution or a similar site within a highly compliant industry who can demonstrate P&L experience, cost control and has LEAN, Six Sima or 5S experience.
Directly manage all operational activities relating to the 3-shift system, stock management, offloading & blending of products and the loading of finished goods.
To ensure that the site is fully compliant in meeting all internal/external SHEQ compliance whilst directly contributing to the overall performance of the business in meeting its business KPIs.
Your principal responsibilities will be to (but not limited to):
To manage the safety and security of all site based staff
- Minimise potential risk for RIDDOR or lost working days through ongoing risk assessments
- Prepare and communicate monthly reports in line with the company expectations
- Management of site KPI's
- Formulate annual budgets where required
- To provide leadership and support to all direct reports
- Set and Manage performance targets of direct reports.
To be considered for this position you must have good man management skills to lead a busy team, including:
- Project management
- Relationship management and interpersonal skills
- Communication, influencing and negotiating skills
- Aware for the need of discretion & confidentiality
- Be able to work under specified and agreed time constraints
Qualified to degree level (or equivalent) in a science or related discipline
Very competitive salary plus great benefits package including discretionary bonus, car or car allowance, pension, health & life assurance.
If you are interested in applying for this role please email your CV to email@example.com or phone 023 92 222 964
Astute Technical is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.