Operations Technician - CHP
Competitive Salary + Benefits
Astute are looking for a Operations Technician to join the Operations Team on a Combined Heat and Power facility in East London. Utilising the latest technology, the site is producing ~20MW of Heat & Power from used fats, oils and greases (FOGS) from the local area.
Reporting to the Site Operations Supervisor you will be part of a Shift Team (sometimes alone) responsible for the safe and efficient running of the CHP in line with business and statutory needs.
As Shift Operations Technician, you will be responsible for:
- Operating the plant to ensure compliance in line with Company and Client procedures
- Carrying out first line maintenance to ensure plant availability and performance is at a high level whilst ensuring adherence with safety, environmental and statutory requirements.
- Identify and report plant defects, observations and anomalies that may affect the safety of the site or operation of the plant
- Completing assigned safety duties, including safe systems of work, setting people to work and the companies safety systems
- Assisting the Operations Supervisor with projects and outage preparation
- Controlling the offloading of materials onto site, this may include road tanker fuel, oil and urea deliveries and directing the right material to dedicated storage tanks.
- Conducting sampling activities to comply with Ofgem regulations
- Carrying out the duties of an Authorised Person
- Planning, organising and supervising maintenance activities
- Producing and maintain site documentation
- Liasing with internal and external customers
- Assisting with projects and outage preperation
We are looking for someone with the following experience and qualifications:
- C&G/NVQ Level 3 minimum in Engineering/Plant Operations or apprentice qualified
- Minimum 3 years experience working in Power Generation in an Operations based role
- Mechanical/Electrical maintenance skillset
- IOSH or H&S certificate
- Experience working to Safe Systems of Work including Permit to Work, incident control, risk assessments and method statements
- Royal Navy Marine Engineer Leading Marine Engineers are welcome to apply
If you are interested in this position, please contact Olivia Naylor on 02392 288 208 or send a CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com
Astute Technical is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.