Shift Operations Technician - Energy from Waste
£34,000 + Benefits
Astute Technical Recruitment are working on behalf of our client who are one of the world's largest leaders in the Environmental, Waste and Energy Recovery industries to recruit a Shift Team Leader.
Their Energy from Waste site in Lincolnshire has a capacity to process 150,000 tonnes of waste per year, generating 11MW of power for the surround area. With four plants in Operations and a fifth under construction, this is an exciting opportunity to join the Company as they expand their Energy Recovery operations in the United Kingdom.
We are looking for a Shift Operations Technician to join the team at the Energy from Waste site as part of a 12-hour rotating shift team.
Your duties as a Shift Operations Technician will include:
- Ensuring the safe and efficient operation of the plant.
- Monitoring and controlling the plant through the Control Rooms SCADA system, maintaining an accurate log of all events.
- Carry out plant inspections, fault diagnosis and first line maintenance as required.
- Log all issues in the sites Computerised Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS).
- Ensure compliance with the sites HSQE policies along with the sites Environmental Permit and report any issues to management.
- Writing RAMS as required.
- Train and mentor junior members of staff.
- Coordinate and assist with the safe unloading of plant consumables.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
We're looking for someone with the following skillset:
- A relevant technical qualification such as a City & Guilds or BTEC in an Engineering discipline or a time served apprenticeship in Engineering.
- Working experience with Steam raising equipment or Power Generation
- Able to carry out first line maintenance on Mechanical or Electrical equipment
- H&S Qualification such as IOSH or NEBOSH
What's on offer for you:
- Competitive salary of £34,000
- Company Pension
How to apply...
To apply for this opportunity simply send a copy of your up to date CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 02392 288 286 to speak to Dan
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK.