Performance & Operations Engineer - Power Station
Competitive Salary + Bonus + Benefits Package
Astute are working with an international client who have several Power Generating assets across the United Kingdom. We are looking for a Performance Engineer to to support the Performance Specialist in ensuring plant efficiency losses are targeted and minimised.
You will be supporting the training and continuous development of the plants operations, working with the Shift Teams to identify areas of improvement and feedback their effectiveness of their operational actions.
Role Requirements / Responsibilities
- Work with the Operations Team and Management with support from the Performance Specialist to minimise plant efficiency losses
- Monitor plant performance, identify trends and support investigations of any issues
- Provide guidance and training to the Power Stations teams to aide them in optimising performance
- Keep up to date on emerging technology and methods relating to plant performance, performance monitoring and software improvements
- Liaise with Management and the Corporate Performance Optimisation Manger to submit accurate business plans
- Identify opportunities for plant enhancement and provide analysis for management. This includes generating reports of expected benefits including capacity, heat rate or production cost improvements
- Optimise CMMS routines with support from the Engineering and Operation Teams
- Support the site in the generation of testing calculations and analysis and budget evaluation to support feasibility and cost/benefit analysis
- Minimum of HNC in Engineering or relevant Engineering qualification
- A minimum of 5 years' power generation experience, preferably in performance monitoring and/or plant performance testing, this could be from CCGT, Energy from Waste, Biomass or Coal
- Candidates from Heavy Process background will also be considered
- Knowledge and ability to apply fluid mechanic, thermodynamic and heat transfer theory to Brayton and Rankine power cycles
- Working knowledge of Power Plants and major equipment performance and operation, and understanding of performance calculations
- Familiarity with OSI PI database tools, General Physics EtaPRO and GateCycle would be an advantage
If you are interested in this position, please contact Dan Grosvenor or Steve Utton on 02392 288 286 or send a CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK.