Planning Engineer - CHP Power Station
Astute are looking for a Planning Engineer to join the Engineering Team of a 188MW CHP located in Cumbria. Comprised of three GE Frame 6B Gas Turbines and a single 68MW Steam Turbine, the plant provides power to the National Grid as well as steam to the Nuclear facilities of Sellafield.
As Planning Engineer, you'd be mainly responsible for planning the weekly maintenance work and working on planning outages in line with company policies.
Roles & Responsibilities
Reporting directly to the Engineering & Maintenance Manager, as Planning Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Planning weekly maintenance and outage requirements including the upkeep of tracking/planning schedules
- Managing and preparing for weekly meetings which cover day to day maintenance, outage works and plant improvement projects, including issuing status reports and maintaining work schedules
- Act as the onsite Maximo "Super User" and oversee the use of CMMS
- Liaise with coordinators in managing the specification, design, procurement, and resource management of work orders.
- Oversee sub-contractor programmes, ensuring reviews are actioned and provide feedback as required
- Liaise with the client and client team to keep abreast of all Maintenance activates
- Prepare outage reports which includes the following:
- S Curves
- Potential Delays
- Mitigation Strategies to ensure completion date accuracy
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following:
- Minimum HNC in a Process/Engineering discipline with a Certificate in Project Management
- Working experience in Maintenance/Outage/Contract Management & Planning
- The ideal candidate will have experience in a Planning role from a Power Station environment, this includes Energy from Waste, Nuclear, Biomass or CHP. Candidates from similar heavy process plants will also be considered (Steelworks, Refinery, Petrochem etc)
- MS Project/P3/Similar Planning application experience
- Maximo Super User
- Appreciation of costs and budgets and CAPEX
Salary & Package
What's on offer for this exciting role:
- Competitive Salary
- Benefits Package
- Opportunity to join a leading UK O&M Contractor
If you are interested in this position, please send a CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or ring 02392 288 286 and ask to speak to Dan Grosvenor who can tell you more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK.