Plant Manager - Anaerobic Digestion/Biogas
Salary - £35,000 + Van/Benefits
Location - Norwich
We are currently seeking a Site/Plant Manager with experience working in the biogas and renewable energy sector to oversee an anaerobic digestion plant in Norfolk, just outside Norwich. Our client provides technical operation and maintenance support to green gas plants throughout the UK and are looking for an experienced AD Plant Manager to join their team in Norfolk.
Responsibilities as Site/Operations Manager:
- Overseeing the day to day smooth running of the Anaerobic digestion plant
- Recruitment and organisation of external contractors
- Budget handling, producing reports
- Training and development of staff
- Enforcing and abiding by all health and safety policies and legislations
- Identifying areas of improvement and cost reductions
- Ensure daily operations and plant performance are achieved within the goals set
- Liaising with suppliers to arrange maintenance and mitigate downtown
- Maintain feedstock records, feeding and pursue feedstock plans
- Ensuring plant equipment is maintained and operated correctly
- Hands on repair and maintenance on occasion when required
- Use of ACORN for report generation
- Host site visits on behalf of the business
The ideal applicant will:
- Have a good basic knowledge of anaerobic digestion/biogas/feedstock (essential)
- Be fully conversant with AD plant equipment and industrial machinery
- Possess strong IT skills (Microsoft Office etc.)
- Have a relevant HND/HNC/City & Guilds qualification (e.g. Electrical/mechanical engineering)
- Have a good understanding of all health and safety regulations
- Be organised and an excellent communicator
- Knowledge of CHP would be advantageous
This exciting opportunity is offering a salary of £35,000 depending on experience, plus company benefits and van. The site is based in Norfolk, just outside Norwich and you will need a full driving licence.
If you or anyone you know are interested in applying for this opportunity to work within the renewable energy sector and join a reputable and growing organisation, please email an up to date CV to email@example.com or speak to Becki Wensley for more information - 023 92 222 963.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK.