Principal Performance Engineer - Power Generation
Competitive Salary + Excellent Benefits Package
We are recruiting for a Principal Performance Engineer to join an established company in the Power Generation industry based in Southampton. You will be a key member of the Customer Support & Applications department, focusing on performance analysis, sales and test support for all current and future products.
Your conclusions and recommendations will influence the Engineering & Sales departments decisions and you'll be providing guidance and technical support during testing to ensure the products meets expectations.
This is an exceptional opportunity to work for a growing, highly-desired employer with an excellent company benefits package and a chance to develop a career in Performance Engineering.
Role & Responsibilities
As the Principal Performance Engineer, your duties will include but may not be limited to:
- Performing aero & thermodynamic simulations on current and future products using 1D methods.
- Liaising with the Sales Team to manage the business development simulation requirement pipeline.
- Achieving objective targets within a project environment either individually or within a team.
- Developing and implementing document methodologies and analysis techniques to predict product performance.
- Supporting the bid process by providing recommendations from performance simulations.
- Provide technical support during commissioning activities.
- Engage new clients within the pre-stage stage and provide technical guidance on product performance.
- Further develop company quality processes as part of ISO 9001.
Requirements and Qualifications
To be considered for the Principal Performance Engineer vacancy, candidates should have:
- A minimum 2:1 or higher Mechanical Engineering Degree
- Experience with Turbo Machinery, IC Engines and Aero/Thermodynamics
- Experience with rotating machinery, turbines, electrical machines, power electronics analysis
- Competent user of Matlab/Simulink, Excel VBA, CAD
- Working experience of CFD and FEA studies
Our client offers a great deal of benefits if you were selected to be the new Principal Performance Engineer:
- Competitive Salary
- Excellent Holiday Entitlement of 27 Days + Bank Holidays
- 5% Pension Scheme
- 37 Hour Week + Half Day on Fridays
- Cycle2Work, Healthcare etc
If you are interested in this position and want to find out more, please send a CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Dan on 02392 288 286.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK.