Technical lead for: feasibility studies, due diligence, design and technical advisor roles on solar PV projects. Assist with business development and client management.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Technical lead for solar PV advisory work, which may include, due diligence reports, site inspections, construction monitoring, yield assessments, performance reviews and site selection/feasibility.
• Prepare technical and non technical reports to a high standard to budget.
• Proactively contribute to various marketing and tender initiatives.
• Proactively contribute to managing existing key clients and building new clients.
• Work effectively on several projects concurrently.
• Work alongside other professionals in multi disciplinary teams.
1.1. Minimum Qualifications
Degree in Engineering or a related subject, with a professional qualification such as Chartered Engineer. Ideally, in addition, an MSc or equivalent in Renewable Energy, or related subject. Proven interest in working in the renewables sector long-term.
A minimum of 5 years work experience is essential, with at least 3 years as a solar PV specialist. Required to have experience in most of the following areas:
Excellent level of general technical knowledge on the design, operation and maintenance of solar PV assets in the UK;
Performance forecasts of new assets and reviews of existing assets;
Construction of solar PV assets;
Holding responsibility for project delivery to time, quality and budget;
Identifying and understating customer needs and supporting the development of new business.
Highly desirable to have experience in some of the following areas:
PV modelling software such as PVSyst;
Detailed design of solar PV and ancillary electrical systems;
Applicable UK standards and legislation including Ofgem accreditation process;
Project finance and contracts.