Project Assistant, Self-Generation Incentive Program (SGIP)
Location: San Diego, California
Working for a sustainable energy future is our job. Make it yours, too!
CSE is the Program Administrator for the Self-Generation Incentive Program (SGIP) within the San Diego Gas & Electric territory. The SGIP provides incentives and other assistance to residents and businesses that install wind, waste energy recovery, pressure reduction turbines, fuel cells, advanced energy storage and combined heat and power (CHP) technologies. SGIP plays a critical role in the deployment of distributed energy projects and the reduction of onsite electric demand and greenhouse gas emissions.
The Project Assistant will play a vital role in implementing SGIP administered by CSE, and is primarily responsible for providing administrative and processing support. The position will focus on supporting program operations and providing outreach to interested customers and industry participants. The Project Assistant must be organized, detail oriented, and able to prioritize his or her workload and schedules based on the needs of the program. This position presents a substantive opportunity for the right applicant to gain valuable experience in the green energy marketplace.
What you’ll be doing:
- Process incentive applications for SGIP-eligible technologies.
- Review project performance data details and issue incentive payments.
- Enforce project requirements, application procedures and standards.
- Coordinate and maintain correspondence with program participants regarding application status.
- Maintain and update the online database of projects.
- Handle inquiries about SGIP-eligible technologies and program requirements.
- Meet with public and respond to requests for information.
- Assist in coordinating workshops, events and various marketing and outreach tasks.
- Perform various research requests from Project Managers regarding new equipment, other programs, policy or related topics.
- Provide overall operational support to the Project Managers.
The ideal candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 2 years’ relevant experience. Professional experience related to distributed energy resources preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and attention to detail
- Previous knowledge or experience in distributed generation, renewable energy, combined heat and power and/or energy storage technologies preferred but not required.
- Comfortable with public speaking.
- Strong organizational skills and multitasking ability
- Ability to apply independent judgment, discretion and initiative to address problems
- Ability to work effectively under deadlines.
- Ability to respond to customer inquiries in a professional manner.
- Ability to learn complex procedures and policies quickly.
- Comfortable with emails, scheduling, conference calls and other common office communications.
- Previous experience in a fast-paced environment with the proven ability to perform office assignments proficiently.
- General knowledge of energy issues with basic understanding of renewable/distributed energy policy and technologies preferred.
- Advanced proficiency in computer skills, particularly in Excel. Proficiency in MS Office.
- Proficiency with standard office software packages such as MS Office: Access, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook. Demonstrable proficiency in Excel required.
- Prior experience working in the energy sector with public agencies, utilities and other stakeholders a plus.
- Experience working with a database and handling complex administrative processes a plus.
- Valid California Driver’s License; insurable in the State of California. Must own a licensed and registered vehicle and be willing to use it for work-related purposes.
CSE is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Please send a resume and cover letter along with salary history via e-mail to email@example.com.