Center for Sustainable Energy (CSE) is an independent, nonprofit organization based in San Diego that accelerates the adoption of clean and efficient energy solutions via education, market facilitation and policy innovation. At CSE, we work with policy makers, public agencies, local governments, utilities, business and civic leaders and individuals, and seek to activate integrated rather than singular or silo-ed energy solutions. CSE informs through best practices learned from daily work; drives energy innovation via facilitation, tools and services; and empowers people to make wise energy decisions
The Project Associate, Clean Transportation, is responsible for support of clean transportation projects under general supervision from the Senior Operations Manager, Clean Vehicle Rebate Project (CVRP). Specifically, the Project Associate supports daily rebate processing activities for CVRP and other consumer incentive programs to maximize processing efficiency and help the team achieve its project objectives.
What you’ll be doing:
Rebate Processing Operations:
- Develop detailed understanding of CVRP and other clean vehicle rebate processing platforms. Support daily rebate application processing.
- Follow processes and ensure that procedures maximize efficiency and meet project requirements. Prepare invoices for accounting to issue rebate payments.
- Handle escalated customer service calls as needed.
- Provide guidance on how to process unusual applications.
- Develop deep project knowledge and contribute to training and best practices to ensure maximum accuracy and efficiency in daily operations and customer service.
- Communicate regularly with leadership team to provide status updates, report concerns, and suggest solutions and improvements.
Quality Assurance/Quality Control:
- Follow data security policies and procedures for protecting applicant information.
- Perform QA/QC to ensure rebates are processed correctly and project requirements are met. Monitor rebate system functionality and report issues.
- Monitor applicable sections of the online applications and report issues.
Process Development and Documentation:
- Develop a detailed understanding of rebate qualification requirements and processing.
- Document processes and oversee SOP creation and maintenance.
- Develop and update email and phone communication templates for customer interactions.
The ideal candidate:
- Extremely detail and process-oriented with a logical, analytical approach to work tasks.
- Automatically thinks about quality assurance, quality control and how to improve processes.
- Ability to understand and document processes at a conceptual level, show others how to follow them correctly, and answer questions about how the process works.
- Strong multitasking, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Exceptional problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work with a team of individuals with very diverse personalities and skill levels.
- Demonstrated proficiency in customer service.
- Ability to take strategic direction from the leadership team and proactively direct daily workload based on that direction.
- Basic knowledge of and/or interest in electric, plug-in hybrid electric, and other alternative fuel vehicles is preferred.
- Basic knowledge of and/or interest in local, state, and federal transportation issues related to greenhouse gases (GHGs) and global warming is preferred.
- Basic knowledge of and/or interest in energy issues with basic understanding of sustainable energy policy and technologies is preferred.
- 2-3 years of experience in customer support, application processing, or other areas related to the duties and responsibilities specified. A bachelor’s degree may take the place of some work experience.
- An associate’s degree in an area relevant to the primary job duties and qualifications; bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Experience working with online customer relationship management (CRM) systems (e.g., Salesforce.com) is a plus.
- Experience working with cloud-based storage systems (e.g., Box.com, Dropbox, etc.).
- Intermediate ability to use Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Intermediate ability to use Adobe Acrobat.
CSE is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Please send a resume and cover letter along with salary history via e-mail to email@example.com.