Project Engineer (Biomass Power Station) - Fixed term contract to £50,000 per annum pro-rata. Killin, Stirlingshire, Scotland. UK
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced project engineer to assist with the commissioning and operation of a significant (5.5MWe) Biomass CHP Project in the Trossachs National Park.
The role is offered on a fixed term basis until the end of 2018 (9 months).
We're looking for a high calibre engineer (preferably HV SAP status) with solid operational experience in thermal power generation to manage the plant on an on-going basis.
Experience of Biomass CHP and / or Advanced Gasification Technology is particularly attractive.
You'll live within a daily commutable distance from the site in Killin.
- Reporting to the Project Manager (PM), the primary responsibility of the Project Engineer is to help manage the planning, delivery and installation of equipment and services at a Biomass CHP plant.
- Assist with general site management activities as instructed by the PM.
- Review and feedback on any technical documentation produced by the Project Designers, Equipment Manufacturer and the site's Operations and Management company.
- Liaising with the PM to keep abreast of the requirements for projects.
- Setting up and recording engineering meetings and record all information passed between the parties.
- Review of periodic reporting from contractors & consolidation and production of regular periodic reports for PM and Client.
- Working with the HSE Co-ordinator to ensure the company's policies relating to Health & Safety, Quality & Environmental management are implemented consistently across the project
- Education to degree level or equivalent in related field of engineering
- Able to demonstrate previous experience across design, installation, construction and commissioning thermal generation plant.
- Strong project management and project planning experience essential.
- Knowledge and experience of CHP generation using biomass preferable.
- Confident use of MS Project and Microsoft Office
This role is offered as a fixed term contract until end of 2018 (9 months) either on a PAYE or freelance consultant basis.
£50,000 per annum pro-rata.