H9 Technical Recruitment are currently working alongside a market-leading technology company within the Energy from Waste sector, to recruit for a Project Engineer on a permanent basis, with a highly competitive package on offer.
This position will be based at the company Head Office in Nottingham, East Midlands, however occasional travel to site may be required as required.
Job Description / Responsibilities:
The main duties for this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Working as a key part of the engineering group to develop and engineer solutions for major projects in the process/ gasification industry.
- Development of process flows, P&ID drawings, line lists.
- Plant equipment specification and selection, piping specification, specification and integration of third party equipment packages.
- Generating and reviewing technical specifications for key components and process equipment packages, tender process and bid analysis.
- Liaising with suppliers, technology providers and partners.
- Reporting to and liaising with the engineering manager to ensure project impetus and deadlines are maintained. Attend meetings with clients and contractors Implement documentation systems / document control and maintain system documentation / manuals
Education / Experience
The candidate will have a minimum of BSc / MSc with at least 5+ years’ experience in a process / mechanical discipline associated with process plant project engineering.
- 10 years min industrial experience from a process industry background- heavy process, gasification, chemical, steel, bulk minerals, waste to energy.
- 5 years (min) experience of technically managing complex engineering projects from conception to completion
- Working knowledge of combustion systems and high temperature applications.
- Broad experience of a wide range of engineering equipment and technology
- CAD skills – able to use AutoCAD to develop plant layout drawings / engineering line diagrams / process flow diagrams.
- Modeling - Smartplant PDS, P&ID not essential but advantageous.
- Experience in HAZID and HAZOP studies
- Be self-motivated and a team player.
- Chartered or working towards Chartered Engineer Status
- Salary Negotiable
- Benefits include health plan and dental coverage.
- Pension scheme – salary sacrifice
- Excellent career prospects with a growing Company
Please respond to this advert ASAP and/or contact Mark at H9 Technical Recruitment on 0203 371 8915 to discuss this position in more detail and register your details with our agency.