Proposals Engineer - Renewable Energy/Environmental
Salary - £25,000-35,000 DoE + Company Benefits
Location - Kent
Astute Technical are looking to speak with experienced and technically minded Proposals Engineers with a background in engineering themselves. Our client who design, supply and install technical solution equipment for the waste water treatment, municipal solid waste, renewable energy and energy from waste sectors in regards to pollution. They are looking for someone with strong communication skills to report into the Proposals Manager to produce accurate and high quality technical proposals.
General responsibilities include;
- Quotations and project estimating
- Writing and submitting detailed and quality technical proposals
- Dealing with client enquiries including technical questions and giving the appropriate and professional solution
- Read and interpret mechanical and electrical engineering drawings
- Provide sales support to the client and the external sales team utilising your technical understanding of the company's unique products
- Other duties as required
The ideal applicant will have;
- Prior experience in a technical sales/proposals engineering role where you have had to learn about equipment in the following industries: waste water treatment, ventilation, pollution/odour control, municipal solid waste, biogas, process industries, energy from waste/waste to energy.
- An engineering qualification/background (ideally mechanical)
- A technical mindset with the ability to quickly adapt and understand how equipment works
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work within a team
- Ideally a science based qualification (GCSE, NVQ, HNC or equivalent)
- Understand engineering drawings
- IT literate (Microsoft office)
- A full and clean driving licence
This exciting position is offering a salary between £25,000 and £35,000 depending on the level of your experience, training will be provided. The benefits include private health care & dental, NEST pension scheme, perkbox, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays etc. the working hours are Mon-Thurs 8:30am - 5:30pm with a 5pm finish on Fridays.
If you are interested in joining this rapidly expanding SME in the Renewable Energy, Waste Management and Environmental sectors, please send in an up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or speak with Becki for more information - 023 92 222 963
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK.