We are recruiting for a Quality Engineer to join an established company in the Power Generation industry based in Southampton. Reporting to the Production & Site Services Manager, you will be involved with managing all inward goods, supervising quality of the shop floor, reviewing the client's internal processes to deliver quality products to its growing customer base.
The client specialises in designing and manufacturing Turbochargers for Power Generation units. Through their Electric Turbo Compounding technology, they can deliver significant improvements to power generation components.
As Quality Engineer, you will be expected to perform the following but not limited to…
- Managing the Goods Inwards process for all incoming parts and materials
- Using engineering drawings to measure and produce reports by setting up CMM and Faro Arm programmes, including training others to use the same process
- Investigate product quality reports from customers, in house production teams and supply chain
- Document all reports (corrective and preventative actions) of Quality investigations, including complains and non-conformance reports
- Liaise with suppliers to ensure pre-agreed actions are implemented for auditing/assessments
- Writing and reviewing quality documentation, reports and update clients Business Management System
- Coordination of all quality related activities
Background, Education and Experience
To be considered for the Support Engineer vacancy, candidates should have:
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar discipline (relevant work experience is applicable)
- Experience and knowledge of Computer Measurement Machinery including Faro Arm programming
- Auditing/Quality experience
- FAIR, PFEMA's, Process Quality Control Plan experience
Ideally we are looking for someone with a Mechanical Engineering degree who wants to become a Quality Engineer and has experience in a Quality Assurance/Inspector role.
Our client offers a great deal of benefits such as…
- Competitive Salary
- Excellent holiday entitlement
- Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance & Health Insurance
- Career development path
If you are interested in this position, please contact Dan Grosvenor on 02392 288 286 or send a CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK.