Job Title Quality Supervisor - Recycling - Up to £30k
Our client is one of the UK's leading Waste Management specialist and are passionate about transforming everyday waste into high quality raw materials and a valuable Energy source. With a growing number of Recycling Facilities designed to harness the potential in Paper, Card, Aluminium and Plastics they are now seeking an Quality driven Supervisor to join their Dartford based operations. You will be working on a shift basis, 4 on 4 off.
About the role
Based on an established MRF your role will be to provide leadership and a true quality focus across the whole MRF facility, monitoring the input and output material to ensure it not only complies with the legislative requirements but also ensures the smooth operation of the MRF itself. This is a key role to the overall operation of the plant and requires someone with a keen eye for detail, quality driven, with the ability to interact with the Operations team to ensure a real right first time mentality across the plant. You will therefore need to demonstrate an analytical approach to quality control, a good understanding or the relevant Waste legislation and the leadership skills to act in both an educator and an enforcer capacity when required, supporting a very process driven mentality to the overall operations.
Your day to day responsibilities
- Ensuring the MRF operations are managed in line with Health and Safety legislation and Viridor standards.
- Ensuring that all sampling and monitoring complies with the MRF Code of Practice at all times.
- Managing and maintaining the sampling regime for both waste inputs and product outputs.
- Continually assessing customer input materials to ensure that they remain compliant against specification. Be actively involved in customer trials and analysis for business purposes.
- Responsibility for recording sample data and creation of the required reports.
- Ensuring that all Supervisory functions and requirements are covered on site whilst also deputising for the Site Supervisor as and when required.
- Ensuring maximum recycling recovery and efficiency is achieved on all shifts at all times.
- Ensuring the BMS procedures are followed and recorded.
- Ensuring planning and licence compliance on all issues relating to the MRF, including weighbridge duty of care compliance.
- Ensuring all operators, contractors and visitors are working to maximum efficiency and adhering to company safety systems.
- Complying with all safety instruction and procedures reporting any unsafe practices, accidents or incidents.
- Ensuring all sampling and monitoring is carried out and recorded as per company procedures.
- Assisting in the development of a safety culture at the site.
To be considered for the role you will need
- Knowledge of relevant Waste Management Legislation, H&S regulation and safe systems of work.
- A proven track record of man management and production/maintenance management of an industrial/factory type facility.
- Good knowledge of plant and machinery relevant to waste recycling and recovery.
- Understanding of weighbridge weighing systems including weights and measures.
- Knowledge of the waste hierarchy and Duty of Care requirements.
- Highly organised and efficient.
- Ability to perform a range of tasks and duties autonomously once directed by Management.
- High levels of professionalism, numeracy and literacy.
- Sound keyboard skills. Competent with Microsoft Office packages.
- Accuracy and tenacity.
- Full driving licence.
- English and Maths GCSE or equivalent.
What's on offer to you
In return this opening presents a first-class opportunity to join the global leader in Waste Management and Environmental solutions, managing the quality aspects of a fully operational Recycling Plant.In return they can offer a competitive salary and package, full training and career development.This role would suit an experienced Quality Technician looking to step into a Supervisory role or a proven individual with strong leadership skills.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK.