About the Center for Sustainable Energy®
Center for Sustainable Energy (CSE) is an independent, mission-driven nonprofit organization with offices in San Diego, Oakland, Los Angeles and Boston. We accelerate the adoption of clean and efficient energy solutions via program administration, technical assistance, policy innovation, and other forms of market facilitation. We are uniquely positioned and engaged with a variety of stakeholders and market actors, including policy-makers, state and federal agencies, regional and local governments, utilities, business and civic leaders, and individuals. Our areas of focus include distributed energy resources (renewable energy, energy efficiency, energy storage, fuel cells, combined heat and power) and clean transportation.
The Rebate Processing Associate is responsible for providing administrative and processing support to CSE’s Distributed Energy Resources Incentive Programs. The Rebate Processing Associate will play a vital role in implementing incentive programs administered by CSE, and presents a substantive opportunity for the right applicant to gain valuable experience in the sustainable energy marketplace. The position will focus on supporting program operations and providing outreach to interested customers and industry participants. The Rebate Processing Associate must be able to anticipate the needs of the programs, prioritize his or her workload and schedules, and work closely with Project Managers.
What you’ll be doing:
- Will process and review program applications using an online application platform and other computer systems.
- Maintain and update project information in tracking systems.
- Follow detailed standard operating procedures to review rebate applications and varied, complex supporting documents for accuracy and completeness.
- Make quick, consistent decisions following detailed program terms and conditions to determine rebate applicant eligibility.
- Use template-based and customized emails to communicate professionally and accurately with program participants.
- Explain complex project requirements to applicants on the phone and via email.
- Provide support to applicants for the online application and document submission processes.
- Address inquiries about solar and other generating technologies, program requirements and upcoming events.
- Assist with preparing reports, presentations, electronic correspondence, and website content.
- Maintain discretion with sensitive documents that contain non-public personal information.
- Communicate with the project team to provide status updates, report concerns, and suggest solutions and improvements.
- Work with Project Manager to process rebate applications with unusual circumstances.
- Perform various research requests from Project Manager regarding new equipment, other solar programs, policy or related topics.
- Perform other duties as required.
The ideal candidate:
- Bachelor's degree.
- 2-3 years of experience in customer support, application processing, or other areas related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- Previous experience in a fast-paced environment with the proven ability to perform proficiently all office assignments.
- Experience working with a database.
- Extreme attention to detail.
- Ability to apply independent judgment, discretion and initiative to address problems and propose solutions.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to understand the roles and responsibilities of others and to assess accurately the nature of the relationships within and external to the project.
- Organize tasks in a way that suits your work style, accommodates your team members, and complies with required processes.
- Prioritize multiple assignments, multitask and manage time effectively.
- Communicate clearly in writing and calmly and consistently by phone, even during difficult conversations.
- Ability to learn complex procedures and policies quickly and to implement these procedures in a flexible manner.
- Maintain a good working relationship with all co-workers, vendors, clients and the public and to use good judgment in recognizing scope of authority.
- Ability to assess ambiguous situations and provide Project Manager with creative and workable solutions to unforeseen problems.
- Ability to work effectively under deadlines.
- Comfortable with emails, scheduling, conference calls and other common office communications.
- Comfortable with public speaking.
- Working knowledge of community resources; ability to communicate clearly with diverse audiences.
- Previous knowledge of PV technology preferred.
- Basic knowledge of and/or interest in energy issues with basic understanding of sustainable energy policy and technologies is preferred
- Ability to speak multiple languages a plus. Spanish preferred.
- Demonstrated fluency in using standard office software packages (MS Office: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Intermediate ability to navigate in Adobe Acrobat PDF files.
- Thorough written and oral communication skills, including English grammar, spelling and punctuation.
- Valid California Driver’s License; insurable in the State of California. Must own a licensed and registered vehicle and be willing to use it for work-related purposes.
CSE is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Please send a resume and cover letter along with salary history via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Rebate Processing Associate (Los Angeles)” in the email subject to facilitate sorting.