Rebate Processing Specialist
Location: San Diego, CA
Mission: Accelerate the transition to a sustainable world powered by clean energy.
Our clean energy future depends on a strong, low-carbon economy that provides abundant jobs and business opportunities, a high quality of life and a clean, healthy environment. To bring about such a future, each of us must make wise choices now. The Center for Sustainable Energy® (CSE) provides people with information, incentives and opportunities to help make these choices easier. We work with policymakers, public agencies, local governments, utilities, business and civic leaders and individuals to transform the energy marketplace and beyond.
The Rebate Processing Specialist is an integral part of the Center for Sustainable Energy and works with team members to efficiently and accurately process Clean Vehicle Rebate Project (CVRP) applications.
What you’ll be doing:
- Process CVRP applications using a customized Salesforce.com CRM system
- Follow complex standard operating procedures to review applications and supporting documents for accuracy and completeness
- Work with CVRP project associates to process rebate applications with unusual circumstances
- Provide technical support to applicants for the online application and document submission processes
- Explain complex project requirements to applicants on the phone and in writing
- Use good judgement when speaking with applicants about non-public personal information
- Handle highly-sensitive documents that contain non-public personal information
- Use and customize email templates to professionally communicate correct information to rebate applicants
- Prepare and mail rebate checks to rebate applicants
- Communicate professionally and cooperate with fellow team members to complete rebate processing tasks
- Communicate with the CVRP operations project associate and project manager to provide status updates, report concerns, and suggest solutions and improvements
- Organize, scan, file, and store hardcopy rebate applications
- Perform other duties, administrative in nature, as requested
The ideal candidate:
- 1-2 years of experience in office/clerical work, customer support, application processing, or other areas related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- A bachelor’s degree may be substituted for some work experience.
- Extreme attention to detail.
- Ability to understand processes at a conceptual level, executes them correctly in an internet browser-based system, and asks questions when in doubt.
- Ability to organize tasks in a way that suits your work style, accommodates your team members, and complies with required processes.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to follow through on assignments and projects within required deadlines.
- Basic knowledge of and/or interest in electric, plug-in hybrid electric, and other alternative fuel vehicles is preferred.
- Basic knowledge of and/or interest in local, state, and federal transportation issues related to greenhouse gases (GHGs) and climate change is preferred.
- Basic knowledge of and/or interest in energy issues with basic understanding of sustainable energy policy and technologies is preferred.
- Beginning ability to navigate in Adobe Acrobat PDF files.
- Intermediate ability to follow processes and execute tasks in an internet browser-based system.
- Experience working with online customer relationship management (CRM) systems (e.g., Salesforce.com) is a plus.
- Intermediate ability to use Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and Windows XP.
CSE is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Please send a resume and cover letter along with salary history via e-mail to email@example.com.