Job Title - Recycling Manager
Location - Sheffield
Competitive salary plus excellent benefits
Our client is one of the UK's leading Waste Management specialist and as such are seeking an experienced Recycling Manager to join their Sheffield based Recycling Plant. With a growing focus on Recycling and the Circular Economy this is proving to be one of the fastest growing sectors in the UK, offering both secure & lengthy careers working with an established and well regarded employer.
About the role
Based on an established paper and card Recycling Plant your role will be to provide leadership and management expertise across the whole production facility. You will be responsible for ensuring the financial performance of the plant and the smooth-running day to day operations but will also need to demonstrate a firm grasp of the legislative expectations and quality management systems utilised throughout.
A further part of the role will be quality focused as you will not only be looking after the operations on the MRF and HWRC's but ensuring that the materials produced is to the standard and quality demanded by their clients
This position is fundamentally operations focused and here your will be tasked with ensuring the cost effective, productive and safe management of the Materials Recovery Facility (MRF) and Household Waste Recycling Centre's (HWRC's) in line with Company objectives and standards in order to achieve high customer satisfaction levels, maximum material sales revenue within set targets.
To manage and drive cost effective teams and operations, providing all services to a high standard. You will not necessarily have an Engineering background; however you will be accustomed to working in a process driven environment. This could be Recycling, FMCG or Manufacturing, where you will have demonstrated the importance and understanding of continuous improvement, plant productivity and minimal down time.
In order to be successful in the role you will have first class man management skills. Able to deal with a range of people in the form of direct reports, sub-contractors and internal / external stakeholders, engaging these individually to really bring out the best in them and the plant itself.
- Responsible for ensuring the MRF is providing the highest quality product in a safe working environment.
- Ensure that all products meet and exceed the customers' specification and the product leaves the site on time within the month it was produced, keeping stock levels to a minimum.
- Ensures all mechanical processes and equipment (for example conveyors, balers) are in safe workable order and compliant with all legislation such as Loller, PUWER, etc.
- Monitor quality output and throughput of recyclable materials, to meet pre-set standards as outlined in the SLA's.
- Have a sound knowledge of modern manufacturing techniques gained in a fast paced production environment.
- Manage sub-contractors, third party maintenance provider and services.
- Ensure all COTC requirements hours are met.
- Ensure that all Site and sub-contractor staff are recording accidents, near misses and safety concerns and that each incident is correctly investigated and recorded and feedback of outcome is communicated with the appropriate actions being taken.
- Manage compliance with all permits and planning permissions and regulations at all times.
- Carry out monthly reviews, PPM updates and planning meetings with all maintenance contractors and record.
- To be responsible for Environment, Health and Safety, Control of Substances Hazardous to Health and Risk Assessments.
- Ensure management and compliance with ISO 9001, 14001 and 18001 and Quality Performance Indicator Systems.
- Produce and deliver monthly Tool Box Talks and Team Briefs to be delivered to all Veolia and sub-contractors staff.
- codes of practice / training and ensuring compliance with health and safety legislation.
- Actively look to identify new outlets for waste streams and disposal points of all waste and recyclables ensuring full compliance with Contract and legislation and permits and licences.
What's on offer to you
This opening presents a first class opportunity to join the global leader in Waste Management and Environmental solutions, managing their fully operational Recycling Plant.In return they can offer a competitive salary and package, full training and career development.The role will also provide a competitive annual performance related bonus and annual salary appraisal.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK.