JOB TITLE - Resource and Recovery Product Quality Manager
LOCATION - Berkshire / Oxfordshire
SALARY - Up to £40k plus company vehicle
Our client is one of the UK's leading suppliers of integrated waste management and environmental solutions, providing a total waste management service for the reduction, reuse, recycling, recovery and disposal of waste. They are family driven business with a strong reputation for their quality driven focus and covers a major part of the Southern Region.
What you will be doing…
With a number of fully operational Material Recovery Facilities (MRF's) situated in the South East we are working with our client to help them source a Resource and Recovery Product Quality Manager to join their team covering multiple sites.
About the Resource and Recovery Product Quality Manager role...
In a competitive environment, the ability to deliver high-quality outputs in both products and services is integral to the business success and this is certainly true in the Waste Management and Recovery sector. In this role you will have a vital role in ensuring that performance, quality and delivery of the product remains high and our client is continuously improving to provide goods, and services that they offer. These include defining quality in operational terms, understanding the costs and benefits of quality, whilst recognising and communicating the consequences of poor quality. The sorting and segregation of the waste streams is key within the Waste Management business, with specific attention to both goods in and out.
The Resource and Recovery Product Quality Manager will need to have an understanding of the marketplace, aspects of the product and service that are relevant to the customer, both internally and external, and how this affects the supply chain. All this comes whilst managing costs within the budget of the business.
Key Responsibilities of our Resource and Recovery Product Quality Manager will include…
- Consciously create a workplace culture that is consistent with the overall organisation's and that emphasizes the identified mission, vision, guiding principles, and values of the organisation
- Set requirements for raw material or intermediate products for suppliers and monitor their compliance
- Investigate (and correct) customer issues whether internal or external and complaints relating to quality
- Supervise and coach workers engaged in inspection and testing activities to ensure high productivity and high technical integrity
- Develop and analyze statistical data and product specifications to determine standards, to establish quality and reliability expectancy of finished products
- Provide technical and statistical expertise to teams
- Formulate, document and maintain quality control standards and on-going quality control objectives
- Coordinate objectives with production procedures in cooperation with plant managers to maximize product reliability and minimize costs
- Create, document and implement inspection criteria and procedures
- - Provide, and oversee, inspection activity for product throughout production cycle
- Apply total quality management tools and approaches to analytical and reporting processes
- Work with other members of the team to ensure compliance with all regulatory requirements
- Appropriately communicate organisation information through department meetings, one-on-one meetings, and appropriate email, and regular interpersonal communication
- Assist in the development and delivery of internal training programs
What you will need…
The successful candidate will have at least one year's quality control experience and be a good team player, with an aptitude for supervising and coaching workers engaged in inspection and testing activities. You'll also be providing technical and statistical expertise. Good working knowledge of the full Microsoft Office package is a must.
What's in it for you…
This is a first-class opportunity to join one of the UK's leading specialists in the Waste and Energy recovery sector. Working 7.30 to 17.00 Monday to Friday covering a range of MRF's and facilities within the business. This is an excellent opportunity to expand your quality focus and in return they are offering a competitive salary and range of benefits, including company car.
For a confidential discussion and further details please forward your CV to Chris Jones at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 02392 288214.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK.