Restoration Transition Manager - Landfill - Nationwide
Our client is one of the UK's leading Waste Management and Renewable Energy companies, with a impressing number of facilities throughout the UK.
With the focus on Landfill decreasing these facilities, both active and closed, still play an important part of their strategic business plan and as such they are looking for an experienced individual to lead this business moving forward.
The role itself:
Due to continuing business success across the landfill sector our client is now looking for a Restoration Transition Manager to join their team on a nationwide basis.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Manage the transitions between operations and restoration when existing Landfill sites are closing
- Manage the Restoration soils liability and create a soils business and help manage Landfill Tax risk.
- Seek new opportunities and uses for restored landfills and assist in the transition between restoration and aftercare.
- Ensure sites remain compliant with all regulatory requirements and are developed within planning consents for the site.
- Deliver profitable, safe and efficient site operations at all restoration projects within your remit to achieve budgeted financial targets.
- Communicate with the regulatory authorities and major customers along with maintaining a professional relationship with local residents groups and site liaison panels.
- Develop and manage Soil Operations creating new revenue streams and improving site life times.
- React promptly to changing attitudes and commercial opportunities in the Restoration Soils Market.
- Reduce capital requirement
- Work closely with both the Project Management and Capital Projects teams
- Assist in managing assets across the restoration site portfolio.
To be considered for the role you will be expected to demonstrate:
- Good working knowledge of relevant legislation that relates to the operation and aftercare of landfill sites and related operations.
- Good working knowledge of relevant Health and Safety practises and training particularly in risk assessments and safe operating procedures
- A solid understanding of Landfill operations
In return our client are offering a salary of £30,000 - £37,500 per annum with a range of benefits including a company car.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK.