We are currently looking for a senior civil engineer to join our multi-disciplinary team based in Hinckley.
As the senior civil engineer you will provide technical and professional expertise in the field of civil and structural engineering by coordinating the civil design and approval aspects of projects, ensuring timely delivery to internal and external clients; as well as supporting the technical and professional development of engineers within the team.
Consultancy work is varied however main responsibilities will include undertaking and managing the day to day operations in respect of the following key areas:-
- civil and structural work in the areas of earthworks, ground analysis and investigation, pipework and equipment supports, site roadways, drainage, reinforced concrete foundations and bases for buildings and structural steel analysis.
- pipeline design including settlement and stability calculations
- approval In principle (AIP) generation
- production, review and approval of civil / structural reports, drawings and calculations
- coordinating the delivery of the project tasks and deliverables within tight deadlines and multidisciplinary environment
- instructing CAD designers and engineers with regards to civil design
- working closely with and provide professional advice on civil / structural matters to relevant client personnel
- attending design meetings and site visits
- providing technical support to team managers for bid preparations
- thorough and conscientious checking of own and others work
- identifying business development opportunities with both internal and external clients
- providing support to the civil / structural team manager and mentoring junior staff
- operating in accordance with the corporate health and safety, environment and quality standards
You will be involved with projects both in the UK and internationally therefore you will be required to undertake short term travel within the UK or overseas to offices and / or sites as needed.
We welcome application from engineers with the following:
- a degree in either civil or structural engineering
- incorporated engineer or chartered engineer status
- a proven track record of providing engineering design and consultancy services, preferably to the petrochemical industry
- practical experience of using Eurocodes
- extensive experience with reinforced concrete foundations
- pipe support and pipleine experience
- fluent written and verbal English language skills
- competent with MS Office suite of programs
- ability to work on own initiative on technical and business matters and manage own time
- registered on National Grid database of Approvers and Appraisers or able to demonstrate during the interview / recruitment process, ability to meet criteria for registration within a reasonable timescale. This will require extensive knowledge of relevant codes, standards, and legislation
Mott MacDonald is a £1.2 billion management, engineering and development consultancy with over 16,000 staff and a global reach spanning six continents. Our network of 180 principal offices in 150 countries gives us local market insight backed by world class expertise to deliver excellence for every client.
With over 50 years' experience, Mott MacDonald's oil and gas consultancy delivers optimal engineering solutions to the oil, gas and petrochemicals sectors globally. Our full range of services spans from concept to commissioning, including advisory and feasibility studies.