We are searching for a data led energy specialist to join a new software and technology solutions consultancy in Devon. This person will have a solid grounding in electrical engineering as well as good knowledge of energy systems modelling for building and city plans, and will be able to have a general overview of delivering energy technologies such as solar, wave, geothermal, biomass, AD and smart-grids.
- Providing guidance on renewable energy feasibility studies
- Prepare, develop, and critique business cases for renewable generation
- Research and keep up to date with energy related technologies
- Perform statistical modelling and analyses
- Become a key client contact, providing expert advice through reporting and presentations
- Conduct Dynamic Simulation Modelling on a variety of projects using TAS/CFD tools (training provided)
- Contribute to tenders and proposals to grow and develop new business
- First class degree in an Engineering, Physics, or Mathematical discipline
- Be able to demonstrate previous experience in Energy Modelling, BEMS, and Demand-side response.
- Knowledge of automated energy technologies, and ability to advise on the benefits and costs of a range of technologies.
- Strong communication and problem solving skills
- An interest or experience with programming languages is desirable, as is an MSc or higher in Renewable Energy or Building Physics.
This is an ideal opportunity for a data-focused engineering professional with a background in energy and renewables, to make their mark on a tangible real-world city-scale project.