Senior Financial Controller - Renewable Energy SPVs, London, UK; competitive package, likely in range of £55,000 - £65,000 + bonus + benefits
About the opportunity
One of the UK's top investment and asset management firms, operating in the low-carbon sector, is looking to strengthen their finance team as they are experiencing significant growth across their asset management portfolio.
We are on the lookout for an experienced Financial Controller with good communication abilities to join the finance and administration team as de-facto number 2 to the department head.
About the role
This is a senior role within a team managing assets with a value exceeding €1 Billion.
The role is broad and you'll need to deputise for the Head of Finance as well as taking responsibility for financial on boarding of new assets.
The role will also entail you assuming responsibility for the audit process, managing the end to end process from planning through to signature and managing the audit liaison between appointed auditors and tax advisors.
Furthermore, you'll help to manage, mentor, review and help plan work for up to 3 junior controllers / bookkeepers.
This is a key role in an organisation that is growing significantly in their market and offers a tremendous opportunity to work at the heart of renewable energy investments.
About the person
You will be a high calibre operator, confident and comfortable working in a fast paced, high intensity environment.
It is expected you'll have an audit background from a Top 10 firm, ideally coupled with at least 2/3 years' industry experience.
This experience should encompass prior experience of implementing and developing on-boarding processes, coupled with a strong understanding of subsidiaries, SPVs and parent companies.
- Qualified Accountant (ACCA/ICAEW)
- Educated to Degree Level
- Minimum 3+ years PQE
- Audit Background from a Top 10 firm coupled with at least 3 years industry experience would be a huge advantage
- Previous experience of the management of subsidiaries and their parent holding companies is highly desirable.
- Highly Numerate
- Able to produce accurate work with a strong attention to detail.
- Systematic, highly organized workstyle.
- Must be able to own an issue fully until satisfactory resolution.
- Hardworking and flexible approach to work (it's not a 9-5 culture).
- Advanced standard MS Office suite, especially Word & Excel.
- Right to work in UK
A competitive basic salary in the region of £55,000 to £65,000 is on offer. The company operates an attractive bonus scheme, has a strong track record of developing individuals (and increasing salaries) and as it grows, is adding additional employment benefits.
Some flexibility on the base salary is possible depending on experience.