Due to increasing demand, we are looking for a senior hydropower mechanical project manager to join our growing team in Brighton who are involved with medium to large scale hydropower projects internationally.
As project manager you will have overall responsibility for the successful delivery of projects and will need to understand the interaction between the various disciplines, be able to programme inputs in a timely fashion and have the ability to motivate staff around you both in the office and on site.
You must be keen to join a dynamic team working on major hydropower developments worldwide.
- build and maintain client relationships
- organise the required inputs for feasibility studies
- proposal preparation
- project management
- design review
- detail design
- oversee mechanical installation and commissioning ensuring schemes comply with design specifications and contractual arrangements
The senior mechanical project manager would work as part of the multi-disciplinary hydro division alongside engineers of various disciplines.
Overseas travel would be expected including visits to remote locations. Periods overseas may be required.
You will need to have a practical “hands on” approach, be well organised and have excellent communication skills.
For the right candidate we will offer a competitive salary and a relocation allowance
The successful candidate will have:
- master degree in a mechanical engineering discipline
- extensive experience in the hydropower sector working on medium and large schemes
- experience managing projects with involvement in a full range of contractual activities including, tendering, contract negotiations and contract management
- excellent written and interpersonal skills
- flexible working attitudes
- team player
- proven experience in providing leadership to multidisciplinary project teams in a global environment