Senior Project Design Engineer - Windfarms
Up to £55,000 plus bonus, company benefits
We are currently seeking to recruit a Senior Wind Turbine Design Engineer / Project Development Engineer / Senior Design Analyst, to provide technical expertise throughout the lifecycle of offshore windfarm projects. Our client is a leading organisation with the Wind Farm industry, with the opportunity for an experienced Wind Turbine Design Engineer to join their team based out of offices in Central London.
As a Senior Design Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Design and optimisation of turbine layouts (micro-siting) and optimising offshore projects
- Analysis of potential wind energy, energy yield modelling, including identification, modelling and quantification of risks
- Analysis of technical issues with regards to project development, project engineering and contract negotiations
- Project lead for capacity studies for offshore projects
- Client representative in meetings with stakeholders & banks, etc.
- Conducting analysis of wind climate, turbine capacities, turbine layout, energy yield, etc.
- Site assessments, processing of meteorological measurements and wind climate modelling
- Other duties as required
To be considered for this position, you must have at least 5 years' experience working within the Windfarm sector. You should hold a relevant degree (engineering, meteorology, aeronautics, etc.) plus have expert knowledge of wind farm energy production modelling, including development of models, verification and model-based risk assessments. You will be highly analytical, with a good understanding of flow simulation & CFD software, plus programming languages (matlab).
The package on offer for this position includes an attractive basic salary up to £55,000, plus company benefits including bonus, pension, healthcare and holidays, plus the opportunity to be part of a market leading company and helping shape the future of the business. Some travel is required with this role; therefore, a full UK licence is essential and you must be eligible to work in the UK.
If you are interested in applying, please email a copy of your latest CV to email@example.com or call Cherie Moore on 02392 288 217.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK.