Senior Project Development & Business Development Manager - Solar/PV Projects
Intelligent Employment are seeking an experienced Project Development/Business Development Manager to create, asses and execute PV project opportunities (grid-connected utility-scale and micro-grid) in the region. This includes coordinating with teams in the various countries and third-party contractors or consultants, in order to develop, perform due diligence and deliver projects according to plan and targets.
- Actively seek out new opportunities for grid-connected utility-scale and micro-grid PV project opportunities, review opportunities and develop appropriate strategies for commercial closure.
- Perform due diligence (researching the necessary background info and specs for the project, resource and site assessment, interconnection issues, feasibility studies, environmental and risk assessment, capacity and awareness building for stakeholders, and others)
- Identify international/local partners, negotiate or support the negotiation of commercial transactions and assist with project acquisitions if required.
- Define project scope, budget, execution strategies, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with management and stakeholders.
- Analyse economic, regulatory and demographic factors which impact upon the project development and formalize project documentations and other required arrangements, such as TOR, tender documents, specifications, etc.
- Direct and manage project development from beginning to end. Plan and schedule project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools. Track project milestones and deliverables.
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations. Pro-actively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans.
- Support and supervise – if necessary – JK team members and contractors, and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work.
- Ensure that developed projects are of the highest commercial viability and in collaboration with peers; continuously refine the prospecting and development portfolio to achieve this objective.
- Maintain a ‘watching brief’ on regional market development, including gathering and reporting of intelligence on policy development in the various states and federal, market financial assessments, and upcoming developments of PV projects.
- Build and sustain productive relationships with potential project partners, BOS supply partners, key strategic partners, finance partners, project developers (if relevant), Government and regulatory bodies and other relevant market participants.
- Participate in meetings with government and regulatory stakeholders to influence decisions and secure opportunities for growing the business. Prepare proposals and presentations in line with JK business interest.
- Assist to finalize project agreements with partners and regulators.
- Participate in trade-shows, workshops or other relevant events to promote JK business interest and develop new project opportunities.
We would like to hear from you if you meet the following requirements:
- Minimum of 7 years of project development in renewable energy sector with an internationally major/reputable development/EPC company.
- Experience in PV or wind is a Must;
- Multi-lingual with English fluency;
- Bachelor degree and above, preferred majors include electrical engineering, civil engineering, business administration, finance/investment
A global leader in the solar industry. The Company distributes its solar products and sells its solutions and services to a diversified international utility, commercial and residential customers.