Senior Quantity Surveyor - Water Infrastructure
Up to £55,000 plus benefits
Our client is looking to strengthen their Commercial Team with a Senior Quantity Surveyor working on a Joint Venture. This project is to maintain and improve the Water supply and Wastewater Treatment works throughout Kent and East Sussex.
The projects include the design and construction of improvements to clean water and dirty water treatment plants which include pumping stations and sea outfalls. The projects range in value from £250k up to £20m covering both Heavy Civil Engineering and M&E activities.
Roles & Responsibilities
Reporting to the Managing Quantity Surveyor your duties will include:
- Quantity Surveying duties of managing projects/work pages.
- Liaise with design/construction/supply chain teams to analyse and control costs.
- Report to Managing QS when contractual notices under main contract/sub-contracts are identified.
- Manage early warnings and change control.
- Prepare and manage sub-contractor accounts which include enquiries, orders, payments, administration and accounts in accordance with contractual procedures.
- The preparation of project cost & value reports, budgets and forecasts.
- Assist in the preparation and agreement of applications for payment.
- Develop Quantity Surveyors and Graduate Quantity Surveyors
- Carry out sub-contractor performance reviews
Skills and Qualifications
To be considered for the role, we are looking for:
- Water/Waste Water experience
- Civil Engineering experience
- Degree in Quantity Surveying or equivalent subject
- NEC 3 or other target cost contract experience
- Experience in managing and developing a team or individual
- Background in Civils Construction
If you would like to be considered for this opportunity, please send a CV to Olivia Naylor at firstname.lastname@example.org call into the office on 02392 288 208.
Astute Technical is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.