People are the heartbeat of our business. Our status as a world leading engineering and design consultancy is reflected in the quality of life our people enjoy. The modern, flexible approach we take means ambitions, both at home and at work, can be fully realised.
Our Energy business has been operating for over four decades. You’ll be helping us to design complex new schemes, assure the longevity and integrity of existing infrastructure and deliver innovative consultancy advice to core clients, critical to the success of the global energy market.
Our Power & Renewables business is experiencing strong growth and our ambition is to be a £100m global business by 2020. We are looking for key talent to help us achieve that aim.
Two key growth areas for our business are the Middle East market and the Renewables and Low Carbon sector. This role will be targeted at both those growth areas.
The role will be based in either Abu Dhabi or Dubai and will report to the Head of Middle East for our Power and Renewables business. Additionally, a key part of the role will be to work closely with our Global Head of Future Energies, taking responsibility for leading the renewables and low carbon sector in the Middle East on behalf of that sector of the Atkins business.
Technical leadership and delivery of projects;
Project management of consultancy activities;
Client relationship management and business development;
Preparation of bids;
Technical presentations to clients;
Representation of business at conferences, industry forums and events;
Development of supporting team for the sector in the Middle East region.
Suitable candidates will possess many of the following qualifications and experience:
- Degree qualified in an engineering or science discipline. Electrical, Mechanical or Chemical Engineering preferably with a postgraduate in Renewable Energy
- A track record of delivery of technical and consultancy projects within the Renewables sector;
- Demonstrable experience in the Renewables sector with an excellent knowledge of key technologies;
- Demonstrable experience in the district cooling sector with a good knowledge of key technologies;
- A track record of assisting large energy users to understand and improve the way they generate and consume electricity, heat and cooling;
- An understanding of desalination technologies and their co-relation with the power sector;
- An additional Business Management diploma could be an advantage;
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills;
- Entrepreneurial attitude and willingness to challenge conventional practice;
- Capable and confident of leading, building and maintaining strong business relationships with internal and external stakeholders;
- Positive outlook and approachable manner;
- Drive and ambition to help us create a market leading business in this sector;
- Always focussed on working safely.
- Some work outside normal office hours may be necessary. Travel to and from client sites and/or temporary secondment to client’s offices may also be required;
- Atkins recognises that there is a pool of well qualified people who, despite being interested in progressing their career in engineering, cannot commit to full time employment due to certain obligations/commitments. We support flexible working arrangements and are open to discuss the possibilities of accommodating individual requirements.
Atkins develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development activities designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. These are reviewed with individuals through an annual appraisal process. We actively support staff in achieving corporate membership of relevant institutions.
Rewards and Benefits
We encourage you to refer to our Rewards and Benefits page for details on our full benefits package.