BayWa r.e. – a forward-looking international company!
The renewables sector offers unparalleled opportunities for both professional development and the chance to make an active contribution to sustaining our natural environment. BayWa r.e. is a subsidiary of BayWa AG Group, a public listed company and part of Germany’s S-Dax. BayWa r.e. offers fascinating roles with great prospects in the fields of wind power, solar energy, bio-energy and geothermal energy. Our business activities include trading, project development and realization, consultancy services and technical/commercial operations management. We have positions at our locations in Germany (head office), Japan, Singapore and in the USA.
To support our team at BayWa r.e. (Thailand) Co., Ltd. – a subsidiary of BayWa r.e. renewable energy GmbH – which is responsible for project planning for photovoltaic power plants.
- Manage our solar design team based in Bangkok and report to the regional Head of Engineering in Bangkok
- Detailed design of electrical and structural components of Utility PV systems
- Prepare permits and construction drawings
- Perform cable and equipment sizing calculations and generate single-line and poly-line PV electrical designs based on International Standards and practice
- Review Grid Impact Studies , HV engineering documents and Grid connection agreements
- Work closely with project management team on communicating issues during construction phase
- Support Engineering and Project Management team in other capacities as needed
- Electrical Engineering graduate or Mechanical, Civil Engineering degree with significant Solar experience
- Male or female, Thai or any other foreign nationality.
- At least 2-3 years of working experience in construction or design of Solar plants or at least 6 years’ experience in design of Power Plants
- AutoCAD and MS Project skills are required, PVSYST and Helios is a plus
- Understanding of solar system construction procedures
- Excellent English communication skills: written, verbal and listening (other languages an advantage). Thai language is a plus for foreign applicants
- Team management skills are essential and he/she should be able to manage and mentor the project team and Junior Engineers
- Able to act on own initiative and work responsibly
We can offer you exciting challenges as part of a team of professionals. Furthermore, the international focus of our company will open up excellent future prospects for you. Fast career advancement within regional management and attractive remuneration package are offered for excellent performance. Our integration into BayWa AG provides security and the opportunities for further development that you would expect from a company of this size. Information about this position is also available on the careers page of our website at careers.baywa-re.com. We look forward to receiving your CV and cover letter, along with your desired salary and earliest available start date.