Job Title Service Manager - Commercial Collections - Bucks - Up to £38k+
Location South Buckinghamshire - Commercial.
Salary Up to £38k, plus vehicle and bonuses.
Our client is one of the UK's leading Waste Management specialist and as such are seeking an experienced Service Manager to join their Collections Depot in South Buckinghamshire. With a growing focus on Recycling and the Circular Economy this is proving to be one of the fastest growing sectors in the UK, offering both secure & lengthy careers opportunities, working with an established and well regarded employer, who can in turn offer excellent prospects, superb benefits and first class career progression.
About the role
An excellent opportunity has just been created for a Service Manager to join our clients friendly team managing the commercial and retail waste collection contracts in Buckinghamshire. Based in South Buckinghamshire you will be responsible for effectively managing, and coordinating, all aspects of the day to day transport operation in a safe and legally compliant manner. Our client has a strong reputation for providing a first-class customer service and they are looking for like minded individuals with an understanding of logistics / transportation / waste collection and a real focus on quality and customer satisfaction.
What will be expected of you
Reporting to the Business Manager you will lead a small co-ordination team to maximise the day to day operations of the Depot. This will involve working closely with the drivers and sales team to ensure the collections route is operating efficiently and as a business they are providing a fast and effective service, in line with their client's expectations. The following form a major part of the role itself:
- Ensure Quality, Health, Safety and Environment remains the number one priority within the transport operation, for both the employees and general public.
- Assist the Business Manager to achieve the depot budgeted profit & loss. This will include monitoring transport operational cost and resource management and supporting the local sales strategies, monitoring and maximising productivity and efficiency, continual improvement in recycling and addressing contaminated containers in conjunction with the sales team.
- Ensure all regulatory obligations, and fleet compliance, are adhered to.
- Manage and engage the transport staff and drivers. Bringing out the best in your staff and focusing heavily on customer satisfaction.
- Provide clear and accurate reporting of the operational business performance, addressing areas of improvement and driving overall performance of the depot upwards..
- Ensure that the drivers daily debrief process is adhered to, and all safety concerns and near misses are reported and closed off within the company's agreed timescales.
Experience you will need to demonstrate
It is expected that the successful individual will have a proven track record in the transportation or logistics field, and an understanding of commercial waste collection would be advantageous. You will ideally be able to demonstrate the following:
- Educated to A-level standard or equivalent experience.
- Good IT literacy
- Hold CPC (Certificate of Professional Competence) in National Road Haulage
- IOSH Certificate
What they can offer in return
This is an exciting time to join our client. The depot is going through a big transformation and will be expanding its operations over the next few years with a new depot and Transfer Station being built to handle the increased business. This represents the chance to join the global leader in Waste Management and Environmental solutions, managing a successful collections depot which is going through some positive changes as the business grows. In return they can offer a competitive salary and package, full training and career development. The role will also provide a competitive annual performance related bonus and annual salary appraisal.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK.