Shift Manager - Energy from Waste
South East England
Up to £60,000 + Bonus + Benefits
Astute Technical Recruitment are working on behalf of our client who are one of the world's leaders in the Environmental, Waste and Energy Recovery industries. Their Energy from Waste site in the South East can process up to 500,000 tonnes of waste per year.
With four plants in Operation and a fifth under construction, this is an exciting opportunity to join the Company as they expand their Energy Recovery Operations in the United Kingdom.
We are looking for a Shift Manager to join the team on site, managing the day to day activities of the shift team and ensure the safe and efficient operation of the Energy from Waste plant.
Role & Responsibilities
Your duties as a Shift Manager will include:
- Reporting to the Operations Manager you will be responsible for day to day management of the Operations Team and the safe and efficient operation of the plant
- Deputising as Operations Manager whilst on Shift to ensure critical decisions are made in a safe and professional manner
- Ensuring the plant is operating within its parameters whilst complying with strict HSE rules and regulations as well as company policies and procedures
- Managing the sites safety systems including the permit to work system and acting as an Authorised Person for the purpose of issuing permits, switching and carrying out isolations (preferably with experience up to 33kv)
- Providing technical supervision and assistance where necessary for company and contract staff engaged in work
- Providing effective training and monitoring of shift staff to ensure personnel are competent to undertake their duties, this includes reviews and personal l Development Plans
- Working within the Company Health & Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
We are looking for someone with the following:
- A relevant technical qualification such as an ONC/HNC/HNC/Degree in an engineering discipline
- At least 5 years' experience in an operational environment on a power station with Supervisory experience. This could be Energy from Waste, Coal, CCGT, Biomass, CHP or Nuclear.
- Senior Royal Navy Marine Engineers with significant watch-keeping experience will also be considered (Petty Officers/Chief Petty Officers/Warrant Officers)
- IOSH or NEBOSH
- Senior Authorised Persons Status or experience with High Voltage equipment
- Excellent proven leadership skills
Salary & Benefits
What's on offer for you:
- Competitive salary up to £60,000 (including Shift Allowance)
- Performance related Bonus
- Benefits Package
- An opportunity to join one of the busiest Energy from Waste sites in the UK
To apply for this exciting opportunity simply send a copy of your up to date CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively you can call 02392 221 600 and speak to Dan Grosvenor who can tell you more
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK.