Shift Plant Operator - New Biomass CHP
£36,380 + Benefits
We are currently recruiting a Shift Plant Operator to join the Operations Department of a new 7MW Biomass CHP plant in Nottingham. The Shift Plant Operator will act under the direction of the O&M Team Leader and ensure the safe and efficient operation of a high-pressure boiler, generator and auxiliary plant. You will form part of a shift pattern that covers days, nights, weekends and public holidays.
As a Shift Plant Operator, you will be responsible for:
- The safe operation and monitoring of plant via the DCS from the control room. This includes boilers, turbines, pumps, water treatment plant, cranes and mobile plant
- Working with the O&M Team Leader to ensure compliance with all aspects of the plant environmental permit, reporting any non-compliance
- Monitoring pressures, temperatures, flows and emission levels etc.
- Equipment isolations and issuing permits to work
- Perform routine plant inspections and walk rounds as required collecting and recording data
- Working within the Company Health & Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems
- Monitoring stock levels.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
To be considered for this Shift Plant Operator position you must have:
- A relevant technical qualification such as an HNC/ONC/NVQ in an engineering discipline
- At least 4 years' experience in an operations role on a power station or heavy process industry with steam raising plant. This could be energy from waste, coal, CCGT, biomass, CHP or petrochemical.
- Some basic maintenance experience/skills would be beneficial
- Ideally an IOSH or NEBOSH qualification
- A flexible approach to working/shift patterns
Package & Benefits
We are offering a competitive salary and benefits package for the Shift Plant Operator vacancy as follows:
- A salary of circa £36,380
- Company Pension
- Chance to develop a career at a brand new Biomass CHP plant
If you are interested in applying for this position or finding out more information, please contact Olivia Naylor via the details below.
Office: 02392 288 208
Astute Technical is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.