Shift Supervisor - Advanced Gasification Plant
£40,000 - £45,000 plus bonus, overtime, etc.
We are currently recruiting Shift Supervisor to join a new state-of-the-art advanced gasification processing facility, currently under construction in the Swindon area. The Shift Supervisors will play an integral part in the day-to-day running of the bespoke Thermal Treatment Plant, ensuring operations & maintenance are carried out in a safe, efficient and compliant manner.
Go Green Fuels is a subsidiary of Advanced Plasma Power that have been involved in Advanced Conversion Technologies (ACT) for producing Energy from Waste since 2005. This plant is the first of its kind in the world, utilising their pioneering Plasma Conversion system, synthetic gas from the Gasification process is ultimately converted into useable bio-Methane that is injected into the gas grid, making this a genuine and reliable Waste to Gas technology.
What will I be doing?
As the Shift Supervisor, you will be responsible for:
- Reporting to the Operations Manager, ensuring workload priority and timelines required
- Supervising and providing direction to the shift team
- Leading & overseeing shift activities including control room operations and maintenance
- Ensuring safe systems of work are followed, acting as Authorised Person (AP) / Senior Authorised Person (SAP) / Senior Isolation Responsible Person (IRP / SIRP)
- Carrying out Electrical, Control & Instrumentation maintenance activities (commissioning, calibrations, fault finding, etc.)
- Monitoring & reporting on production / KPIs
- Updating & maintaining documentation, ensuring accurate records are kept (audits, inspections, maintenance records, etc.)
- Monitoring materials input/output data, coordinating with Operations Manager to ensure safe storage & disposal of products
- Promoting a strong team ethic amongst the operations team
- Other duties as required
What experience do I need to have?
In order to be considered for this fantastic opportunity, you should ideally meet the following criteria:
- Supervisory experience in an Operations / Production role gained in a heavy engineering environment. This can include Energy from Waste (Waste to Energy), Power Stations - CCGT, CHP, Coal, Petrochemical/ Oil & Gas, Cement works, Biogas production, Gasification or the Royal Navy/ Marine Engineering
- Knowledge of environmental permits, H&S issues, safe working environments, isolations.
- Involvement in plant mobilisation and commissioning is desirable but not essential.
- Relevant Engineering qualification, preferably at HNC level, ideally in an Electrical, Controls or Instrumentation (EC&I) discipline.
What's in it for me?
The package on offer for this position includes:
- An attractive basic salary in the range of £40,000 - £45,000 (depending on experience & qualifications)
- Annual performance related bonus
How do I apply?
To apply for this opportunity, please email a copy of your latest CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Cherie Moore on 02392 288 217.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK.