Job Title Shift Supervisor
Salary £31K plus package
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Shift Supervisor to join our clients operations team based on their modern Plastic Recycling Facility in Skelmersdale, West Lancashire.
The purpose of the role:
The Shift Supervisor will be responsible for the day to day operations at their Polymer Recycling site ensuring at all times that the site operates to the maximum process efficiency in accordance with legislation, environmental obligations and in a safe and healthy manner.
The successful candidate will meet site operational KPI's in safety, outputs, cost and quality as agreed with Operations Manager.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Working in line with policies, procedures and legislation
- Maintaining Production Line efficiency
- Dealing with Plant breakdowns
- Controlling Contractors
- Dealing with Employee Issues
- Working to a site budget and minimising costs
- Minimising agency staffing levels relevant to site inputs
- Ensuring best quality of recirculates
- Minimising waste to landfill, effective employee engagement - meetings, training reviews, etc.
Qualifications, role specific knowledge & skills
- Good communication skills
- Ability to meet challenging targets
- Ability to problem solve
- Direct Management of Team of at least 10.
- At least 5 years in a Manufacturing environment
There is a salary of £31,000 plus a great benefits package for the position in question, which will give you an excellent chance to develop and improve both your man management and operational skills whilst working on our client's impressive Plastic Recycling Facility.
To be considered for this role please forward your CV to Chris Jones on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 02392 288214 for a chance to discuss this and other openings in more detail.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK.