Shift Team Leader - Power Generation
Up to £40,000
We are currently seeking to recruit an experienced Shift Team Leader / STL / Lead Operations Technician / Shift Operations Tech, to be responsible for the safe & efficient operation of a new Gasification Power Plant on shift. Based in Plymouth, this is a great opportunity to get involved at the start of exciting new project.
Typical duties include:
- Managing plant operators and overseeing the day-to-day operation of the plant
- Ensuring plant is operating within its parameters, complying with regulations and company processes & policies
- Managing site safety systems, issuing permits to work & acting as the SAP / Authorised Person
- Process performance & process planning
- Involvement in improvement projects
- Providing effective training and monitoring of shift staff
- Health & Safety
- Other duties as required
To be considered for this role, you must have a relevant technical qualification (ONC/HNC/HND/Apprenticeship) in an engineering discipline, plus at least 5 years' experience in an operational environment (Energy from Waste, Power Generation, Biomass, etc.). Those with an ex-forces background and managerial experience will also be considered.
This is a shift based role working covering a 3x shift rota - Mornings, Afternoons and Nights (8.5hr shifts). The package includes a salary up to £40,000 (depending on experience).
If you are interested in applying for this role, please email a copy of your latest CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Cherie Moore on 02392 288 217.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK.