H9 Technical are currently recruiting for a Shift Team Leader to join the O & M team of a newly constructed Energy from Waste Power Plant based in South London.
This is a permanent position with a highly competitive salary and benefits package available as well as the opportunity to work for one of the most reputable Waste Management businesses in the UK.
As a STL your duties will include:
- Responsible for supervising shift teams to ensure the efficient maintenance and operation of the plant, organising shift cover when needed
- Ensuring Plant HSE procedures are adhered to and establishing a safe working culture
- Carrying out return to work meetings and discussing requirements to meet KPI's
- Managing the sites safety systems including the permit to work system and acting as a HV Senior Authorised Person for the purpose of issuing permits, switching and carrying out isolations
- Maximising waste input and energy production
- Carrying out risk assessments and will be working closely with the management team to improve and minimise the impacts at the Energy from Waste Plant
- Routine testing to ensure emergency safety and environmental procedures and recording information as required
Requirements and Qualifications:
- At least 5 years' experience in an operational environment on a Power Plant.
- ONC/ HNC/ HND or equivalent in a relevant engineering discipline
- NEBOSH/ IOSH or equivalent
- Thorough understanding of using Computerised Maintenance Management Systems
- Good Knowledge of safe systems of work and health & safety within a Power Plant or similar environment
What's on offer?
- A competitive salary of circa £55,000-£60,000 inclusive of a shift allowance
- A performance related bonus
- Other benefits including pension, holiday etc.
Interested? To apply please respond to this advert ASAP or contact Mark at H9 Technical on 0203 371 8915 today.