Shift Team Leader - New Energy from Waste Power Station
Circa £54,000 + bonus and benefits
We are recruiting for a Shift Team Leader to join the operations department of a brand-new state of the art Energy from Waste Plant in South London. You will provide leadership and directions to the shift team and will be responsible for the planning, implementation and monitoring of systems and processes ensuring health and safety compliance.
As a Shift Team Leader, your duties will include but may not be limited to:
- Responsible for supervising shift teams to ensure the efficient maintenance and operation of the plant, organising shift cover when needed
- Maximising waste input and energy production
- Carrying out return to work meetings and discussing requirements to meet KPI's
- Managing the sites safety systems including the permit to work system and acting as a HV Senior Authorised Person for the purpose of issuing permits, switching and carrying out isolations
- Carrying out risk assessments and will be working closely with the management team to improve and minimise the impacts at the Energy from Waste Plant
- Routine testing to ensure emergency safety and environmental procedures and recording information as required
Requirements and Qualifications
To be considered for the Shift Team Leader vacancy, candidates should have:
- At least 5 years' experience in an operational environment on a power station. This could be energy from waste, coal, CCGT, biomass, CHP or nuclear. Senior Royal Navy Marine Engineers with significant watch keeping experience will also be considered
- An ONC/ HNC or equivalent in a relevant engineering discipline
- A NEBOSH or IOSH qualification
- Good Knowledge of safe systems of work and health & safety within a Power Plant or similar environment
- Proven leadership skills
The package on offer for the Shift Team Leader role includes:
- A competitive salary of circa £54,000 inclusive of a shift allowance
- A performance related bonus
- Other benefits including a company pension
- The opportunity to join a brand new EFW plant and gain commissioning experience
For more information or to apply please get in touch by calling 02392 288 215 and speak to Steve or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK.