My exclusive client is currently looking to recruit a Site Manager for a major Energy from Waste/ Gasification project in the West Midlands on a long-term contract basis.
You will be representing the interests of my client who are a contractor on this large new build project, but you will also be expected to develop an important relationship with the Principle Contractor and other sub-contractors on site to ensure the project is delivered successfully.
HSE is of course absolutely essential and although there will be a dedicated HSE Manager available, you are expected to lead from the front and ensure safe working procedures are undertaken at all times.
You will chair regular progress meetings and report into senior management regarding site progress, flagging up any potential issues as they occur and developing strategies to overcome them.
You will also perform inductions, tool-box talks and site tours to new starters/ visitors as required, perform all relevant paperwork and risk-assessments and oversee various trades and labourers.
To be considered you should have the following profile:
- Technical background with relevant engineering qualification, ideally degree (Mech, Elec, Civils)
- Strong communication skills, able to liaise at all levels
- 10 years+ experience on major construction projects with proven management ability
- Site Safety Passport and ideally formal HSE qualification
- Commercially astute
- Problem- Solving Abilities
- Specific experience of working on Energy from Waste, Biomass, Gasification or other forms of process plant would be beneficial.
If you would like to apply please respond to this advert ASAP or contact Mark at H9 Technical on 0203 371 8915 as soon as possible.