JOB TITLE HWRS Site Supervisor - Recycling Facility - Chichester
SALARY Up to £30k plus benefits
LOCATION West Sussex
Our client is one of the UK's leading recycling, renewable energy and waste management companies and they are looking for a Plant or Site Supervisor looking to take on a new challenge.
Due to their continuing business success and growth a fantastic opportunity has arisen for an HWRS and Transfer Station Site Supervisor to join their team in Chichester.
In this position, you will ensure the efficient day to day operation of the site, the management of the site operatives and health and safety practices. Arranging for the waste and recyclables to be correctly stored and removed from site as required.
Your responsibilities will also include (but not be limited to)
- To oversee and effectively organise the segregation of recyclable materials
- Interface effectively with site users to ensure maximum utilisation and efficiency of the site.
- To supervise and be responsible for the day to day operations of the HWRS in order to ensure that it operates efficiently, effectively and safely
- To ensure that emergency repairs to plant, equipment and buildings are carried out promptly so as to minimise any disruption.
- To ensure that appropriate staffing levels are maintained at all times
- Arranging for the waste and recyclables to be correctly stored and removed from site as required.
- Operate mobile Plant and Equipment to help stockpile and load waste as necessary
To be considered for the role you will have
- Prior experience running the effective day to day operations of a site
- Proven record of working in a customer facing / service role
- Strong People Management and Leadership skills
- Good awareness of H&S and Compliance in the workplace
Qualifications deemed fitting for the role in question
- IOSH Managing Safely
- Full Driving License
For further information please contact Chris Jones on 02392 288214, forwarding your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK.