We offer a complete service from initial consultations and design advice, to installation, monitoring services and maintenance, working on both domestic and commercial renewable projects.
We are currently looking to expand our existing team of technicians and electricians and require experienced Solar PV electricians to assist with the operations and maintenance on utility scale solar plant and wind turbines. You will need to be based in the midlands area i.e. Bristol, Birmingham with the ability to work from home and will be required to attend sites, perform fault-finding and carry out necessary repairs, conduct maintenance on site.
You will need to be a fully qualified electrician, ideally with experience in Operations and Maintenance on MW-scale installations or large commercial systems. This is an ideal opportunity for a qualified electrician to develop their career in Operations and Maintenance of utility scale solar PV sites.
Essential skills (please only apply if you meet this criteria):
- 17th Edition and relevant solar PV qualifications
- C&G or EAL in Inspection & Testing
- Previous Solar PV maintenance experience, ideally on MW installations or large commercial systems
- Knowledge of working with central and string inverters
- Computer literate - you will need to perform daily and monthly reports
- Valid Driver License
- Based in the East of England
- 2391 or Eal equivalent
- 2360 or NVQ/EAL install theory and practice
- JIB/NET AM2 qualification
- Time served essential
- Ethernet and Fiber Optic communications
- Data Monitoring systems
- Central inverter skills/qualifications/experience
- High Voltage (HV) switching (AP or SAP)
- Satellite communications
- Computer programming/set up
- Cat 5 installation and setup of networks
- General all round Coms experience
- A strong operations and maintenance background
- Good knowledge and understanding of the solar PV technologies
- Experience with operations and maintenance programmes
- HV operations
- Driving licence and ability to travel
- Willing to work away
- Team work and ability to work under their own initiative
- Good communication skills
Remuneration a competitive package between £25,000 and £35,000 will be provided plus a company van, a mobile phone and a tablet.