Owing to continued growth and high demand for our services, we are looking for a solar engineer to join our global team in our New Jersey office.
As a solar professional within Mott MacDonald you will provide technical support to a wide variety of stakeholders. The role is varied in its nature and will include working on a range of international solar projects.
As part of our global team you will be responsible for:
· managing / supporting solar project developments internationally (mainly in the megawatt scale)
· providing engineering input from initial assessment through to technical and economic feasibility, due diligence, construction monitoring and acceptance
· reviewing and preparing technical and non technical reports to a high standard including specifications, reports, proposals, calculations and contracts
· providing technical tender support
· actively assisting with business development and client management
· attending client and site visits as required (UK and overseas)
· carrying out technical assessments
· working effectively on several projects concurrently to deliver to tight deadlines
You will work alongside other professionals as part of a multidisciplinary project team.
We would like to hear from you if you are an engineer with a confirmed interest in the renewables sector. As well as a real passion for solar we'd also welcome:
· degree in an engineering discipline (preferably with an energy related subject with specialisation in solar)
· a broad knowledge of solar energy technologies and projects
· experience working on megawatt scale solar plants
· a deep understanding of the key technical and commercial aspects of solar projects
· a proven track record of project delivery to time, quality and budget
· experience of project finance and contracts
· ability to manage and lead project work
· ability to produce high quality technical reports in English, to predefined deadlines
· strong problem solving and analytical skills
· a flexible and enthusiastic approach
· ability to work both individually and as a team
· a confident communicator
We are a £1.2 billion management, engineering and development consultancy with 16,000 staff and a global reach spanning six continents. Our network of 170 principal offices in 140 countries gives us local market insight backed by world class expertise to deliver excellence for every client.
Mott MacDonald is an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Must be authorized to work in the United States.