Southampton + Worldwide Travel
We are recruiting for a Support Engineer to join an established company in the Power Generation industry based in Southampton. You will be working as a member of the Support & Applications team responsible for providing technical assistance, installation works, commissioning and optimisation works across customer sites (EU and Worldwide).
The client specialises in designing and manufacturing Turbochargers for Power Generation units. Through their Electric Turbo Compounding technology, they can deliver significant improvements to power generation components.
As Support Engineer, you will be expected to perform the following but not limited to…
- Regularly visit customer sites to provide technical support as per contractual agreements
- Carry out new customer surveys on site, developing their applications and manage the new customer process
- Install, commission and optimise new and existing customer sites including testing of equipment both remotely and onsite.
- Carry out analytics on site equipment, looking for failure trends (reliability monitoring), performance monitoring and coordinate with the engineering team to provide improvements
- Carry out first line fault diagnosis and maintenance to resolve issues including documenting issues to identify trends and root cause analysis to prevent future occurrences
- Development of training materials (product manuals, troubleshooting documents etc) and deliver training programmes for both customers and internal staff
- Manage all issues raised by customers and ensure timely resolution and feedback
- Provide support to the Performance team to assist with data analysis and development of tools
Background, Education and Experience
To be considered for the Support Engineer vacancy, candidates should have:
- Mechanical and Electrical maintenance experience
- Engineering qualification such as ONC/HNC (or above) in a relevant engineering discipline
- Hands on experience with rotating equipment or generation sets as well as Electronic Control Systems and Power Electronics
- Ability to travel up to three weeks at a time
- Track record in a service engineer role
- Analytic mindset to identify trends in performance and maintenance issues
Ideally we are looking for someone with Diesel Generation set experience who is both Mechanically and Electrically astute who is looking for a similar but challenging Service Engineer role with a growing company with global clients.
Our client offers a great deal of benefits such as…
- Competitive Salary
- Excellent holiday entitlement
- Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance & Health Insurance
- Chance to travel throughout the UK, Europe, Middle East and Americas
If you are interested in this position, please contact Dan Grosvenor on 02392 288 286 or send a CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK.